Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Interview with Ade Tolu J.

iam_adetxlu

Hello adult coloring fans! Today we have a little different interview. Since the smartphone era you have every possible app. Coloring isn’t really that much different, so I decided to interview my “amigo” from Nigeria. Meet Ade.

First of all tell us little something about yourself.

My name is Ade Tolu J.(@ade_txlu), mid twenties. I live in Lagos, Nigeria. I’m a baker, graphic designer, social media rep and a whole lot more. I studied Microbiology at the University of Lagos. My hobbies include painting and coloring, cooking, karaoke.

Instagram Photo

Q:How did you start to color? When did this attraction begin?

I was introduced to coloring when I stumbled on the #Colorfy app while browsing on the play store one good day sometime last year. I took coloring as a means of beating boredom but later on discovered I had a flair for painting my emotions out. It was a sort of an alternative therapy for me.

Instagram Photo

Q:Do you use coloring as a small getaway from the real world?

So far, coloring hasn’t been a distraction to me because I only color when I’m free or depressed (and can’t work).

Instagram Photo

 

Q:What apps do you use for coloring? Do you always use the same or you like to experiment with it?

I’ve used the Colorfy app, Colorfly app, Adult Coloring book, I was also able to port some really beautiful Colorplaner pages into the Colorfy app. Basically my coloring experience has been on electronic medium (too lazy to go out and buy some books and pencils).

Instagram Photo

Q:Which books and patterns you find most enjoyable to color?

Many coloring apps are good enough except for locking up a lot of the good stuffs behind pay walls.

My favorite coloring designs are animals especially predator birds and secret gardens (you finish painting to discover hidden words or characters).

Instagram Photo

Q:Do you have a favorite coloring book author? How did he/she earn your admirations?

I love Colorplaner designs because of their seeming simplicity but they carry a lot of intricate details, I love a good challenge.

Instagram Photo

Q:What would you like to change or add to coloring apps?

I just want to see more beautiful designs for free. Really, locking the good stuffs just push your fans away. Asides that, they are several other tweaks I want implemented in the coloring apps. They’re not as realistic as they need to be to go mainstream like the paper books.

Instagram Photo

Q:And last but not least, where can we find your artwork?

I’m based on Instagram (@ade_txlu) and my favorite coloring pages are @Colorplaner @Adultcoloringbook

Instagram Photo

 

#ThazAll

 

 

The post Interview with Ade Tolu J. appeared first on colorplaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment