Friday, November 18, 2016

Interview with Marso Ya

drawmarso

Hello adult coloring fans! If you are a fan of modern cartoons like Adventure time then you’ll just love today interview. Be warned of Marso Ya’s extremely joyful designs 🙂

Instagram Photo

Q: First of all tell us little something about yourself.

I am most known for the name Marso Ya. I am an art enthusiast but I love illustrations and cartoon character designs the most that’s why I usually draw in a cartoon style in most of my artwork. Cartoons unleash the inner kid in me and my inner creativity especially when I try to experiment my drawing with colors. The colors give out the emotion of the artwork but I’m still figuring out a way to perfect the combination of colors and ink.

Instagram Photo

Q: How did you start to color? When did this attraction begin?

It’s funny but I still remember the day that I started to love coloring, I was in 3rd grade and my teacher gave us a seatwork where we will color the illustrations given and then my music teacher came along and said hi to me (I was her favorite) and she helped me color a little, she taught me how to mix different colors and some advance stuffs like highlights and shadowing but of course I didn’t understand any of those things before and I was just so amazed of how beautiful her finished colored work was. I was inspired and started trying out myself the things she has done.

Instagram Photo

Q: Do you use coloring as a small getaway from the real world?

Yes, coloring is a way for me to meditate and relax.

Instagram Photo

Q: How do you prepare before coloring?

I usually take out all the colors that I need for coloring. I like to plan things ahead when I’m about to color.

Instagram Photo

 

Q: Where do you get the ideas? What inspired you?

I am inspired by the cartoon shows adventure time, gravity falls and gumball. The action and the lively colors of the scene and characters inspire me the most!

 

Instagram Photo

Q: Describe your illustrations in three little words

Playful, cute and childish

Instagram Photo

Q: How would you describe your workplace?

My workplace is a small bright room with a lot of books and art materials.

Instagram Photo

 

Q: In your opinion, why will your illustrations appeal to adults?

I think the magic of my illustrations is making people realize that there is always time to have fun and to remember their childhood. It’s like sharing this piece of happiness where you see all these characters smiling and just having fun together.

 

Instagram Photo

Q: What are your favorite supplies for coloring? Do you always use the same or you like to experiment with it?

I like to use color pencils but I also try to use other coloring mediums as well.

Instagram Photo

 

Q: Why do you prefer working with pencils as apposed to digitally?

For me, color pencils are better and easier to use especially color pencils can give you that traditional texture in your artworks. I sometimes experiment with digital painting, Easier to re-edit, just in case I change my mind about the look or the color lol!

Instagram Photo

 

Q: Do you have special techniques and color mixes that you’d like to share with us? Any tips and tricks?

I don’t have any special techniques when it comes to coloring but I think planning ahead of how your finish product would look like it a good start.

Instagram Photo

 

Q: What challenges (if any) did you face in making your coloring illustrations and can you give other artists any tips for solving similar problems?

I think the most challenging part in making illustrations is the concept. I don’t just settle for a meaningless designs, I want to touch people’s hearts or make them think of what’s going on with the artwork.

Instagram Photo

 

Q:Here at colorplaner we really love your „factory man“ design. What’s the story behind this, where did the idea come from?

Instagram Photo

The Idea of this illustration is about the build up of one’s self. Everyone has something going on in their lives and we’re the only one who can make ourselves better. The size of the factory man represents the productivity or your being. He walks confidently and tall from everyone and everything else. You can see his insides which are a bit edgy and complicated but that’s what it takes to become the bigger and better version of one’s self. If you look carefully on the skull, the’res a tiny character who’s smiling at the very top, he made that big confident man, that complicated factory because he believes that no matter how small or what anyone is, nothing’s imposible, everyone can be great in their own ways.

 

Q: If you could choose only one of your finished coloring page which one would it be? And why?

A: I would choose this

picture of my sister getting ready for the sunrise, whenever I look at this artwork, it makes me feel like seeing the world in a different way, curious and brave. Feels like getting ready for a new battle in life with my own twist of taste.

Q: What drives the adult coloring trend according to your experience?

The relaxation of being in the present, making artworks alive in the power of their own hands. They say that color gives life and meaning to everything and that’s why I think that adult coloring is a trend nowadays because it gives us the power to create a new world on these pages, giving meaning into it.

Instagram Photo

 

Q: Do you have a favorite coloring book author? How did he/she earn your admirations?

Haven’t found the one yet. LOL

Instagram Photo

 

Q: What would you like to see more in adult coloring book world?

New designs, something that’s not too cliche.

Instagram Photo

Q: And last but not least, where can we find your artwork? And will you sell coloring pages?

I will be selling coloring pages soon at my Instagram https://www.instagram.com/drawmarso/ 🙂

Instagram Photo

So coloring book addicts what do you think? Here at Colorplaner we love all the designs and can’t wait to see what’s next from Marso Ya’s workshop 🙂

 

 

The post Interview with Marso Ya appeared first on colorplaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment