Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Interview with Joana Luciano

zentangle_y_mandalas

Hello, adult coloring book fans!

I have a little story for you today. A story about a girl with an incredible talent. But not just any girl. A fourteen-year-old girl from Mexico. Meet Joana – an artist in making!

Instagram Photo

Q: First you tell us something about himself.
My name is Joana Luciano, I’m 14 years and currently live in Mexico. I’m still in high school and my hobbies are art and music. I was learning to play piano for some time and then one day I took a painting course. I’ve noticed that this is what I like and took the initiative to learn new things out.

Instagram Photo
Q: How did you begin to color? When did this attraction begin?
I started in November 2015 reaching videos of artists who shared their art and from there I found a new skill that facilitates me. Since then I am practicing “zentangle art”.
I was interested also in a small pencil drawings but for some reason I no longer practice it, and left it behind, I feel sorry for that … because if you have the skill, one should consider improving it.

Instagram Photo
Q: Do you use coloring as a little getaway from the real world?
If, besides this technique, one of its features is to be therapy making the person relax and calm. When I do I focus on making sure that the problems around me forgetting everything for a moment!

Instagram Photo


Q: How do you prepare before coloring?
I don’t prepare much, just take my pencil, marker and begin spontaneously drawing my colleagues. I just love  that emotion of joy when people like what I do and as well, receiving compliments from people of which I am surrounded.

Instagram Photo
Q: What are your favorite coloring supplies? Do you always use the same or like to experiment with it?

I always try to experiment with what I have at my disposal, such as, watercolors for background, markers(with fine tip), pens and brushes of different brands that  I can get in my country. Brands like Sharpie, Crayola, Stabilo, BIC, opaline paper or marquilla with heavyweight materials and other famous in my country.

Instagram Photo

 

Q: Do you have special techniques and color blends that would like to share with us? Some tips and tricks?
When coloring with wooden pencils you can apply baby oil to achieve a blur.  There is a brush called Aquash water brush is perfect because it does not need a container with water and is easy to clean.

Instagram Photo
Q: We think you did a very good job with “zentangle girl.” How did you come up with the idea of making that picture?
I was so pleased with the result! I was just experimenting 🙂  I was watching images on the internet and I found a design of a wedding gown, which I really liked and wanted to create my style by drawing zentangle art.

Instagram Photo
Q: If you could choose one of your coloring pages what would it be? And why?
Zentangle abstract art. I really liked the result and I think it would be nice full of colors, there are many geometric figures and like it.

Instagram Photo

Q: Do you have a favoritecoloring book author? How  did he/she get your admiration?
Daniela Hoyos Falco, Brita Lynn, Simran Savadia. These artists although they are not known globally have a talent I admire and inspire me to continue creating every day.

Instagram Photo

 Q: What would you like to see more in the world of the coloring book for adults?
I would like to see authors designs so they can be supported and be known for their artworks. That way they all will have the opportunity to be painted by people! I think this should be a pride and joy for that person. 🙂

Instagram Photo


Q: What are your plans for the future?
I would love to publish coloring books for all the general public. Drawings as mandalas – from the simplest to one with more details and with images that are attractive to every person. So he/she can identify, attract and find this therapeutic way to help them realize that this is wonderful.

Instagram Photo

Q: And last but not least, where can we find your work of art?
My work can be found in the user Instagram as @zentangle_y_mandalas also published drawings and supporting other artists in my account of the same social network that can be found as @zentanglekiwi. Follow me!

Instagram Photo

Well, Joana thank you for reminding us what’s coloring all about. Having a great time with friends, coloring for fun and just pure enjoyment! Do you remember your beginnings at drawing? Let us know in the comments below…….Happy coloring everyone!

The post Interview with Joana Luciano appeared first on colorplaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment