Friday, November 18, 2016

Interview with Francisca Martinez Paredes

coloring-book-for-adults-coloreando-ando-yo

Hello, adult coloring book fans! Today we have interview with mandala artist from Spain! She has amazing mandala designs and runs a Youtube channel with tutorials on how to create mandalas! 

Instagram Photo

Q:First of all tell us little something about yourself. 
My name is Francisca Martinez Paredes, but everyone calls me Paqui, I live in a village on the coast of Murcia called Puerto de Mazarron in Spain.
I was born on February 14, 1975, Administrative study and work in a company dedicated to the export of fruits and vegetables. My hobbies hiking, make pies, drawing mandalas and coloring books.

Instagram Photo

Q:How did you start to color? When did this attraction begin?
Not much I started with this aficcion, just a few months ago was after the death of my brother who was in April, I needed to find something to keep the mind entertaining and I happened to unburden a drawing of mandala Internet. I bought some crayons and started coloring and the truth is I liked a lot and I relaxed a lot. Soon after I discovered the coloring books for adults and loved.

Decided to open an account in Instagram and started to upload photos of mandalas and coloring drawings, and I was watching the art of others in Instagram and so precious that made drawings, I especially liked much mandalas and thought that if these people could draw me. You could also, so look for some tutorials on youtube as draw and did it myself. I realized it was not so difficult and that with a little patience was achieved, although I still have much to learn, slowly, I do not rush.

Q:Do you use coloring as a small getaway from the real world?
When I’m drawing or coloring is my relaxing time, I feel good doing it, I forget about the problems and gives me a huge satisfaction I am able to do myself, and look at my drawings and think, that I have done and I feel great.

Instagram Photo
Q:Is coloring time-consuming? How often do you color on a weekly basis?
I try to take as long as possible to draw, but in the months that I have a lot of work can only weekends and housework not much time, 2 or 3 hours weekend. The months that do not work if I spend 3 or 4 hours a day.

Instagram Photo
Q:How do you prepare before coloring? 
It depends on the day, sometimes you just pick up a piece of paper and start without thinking  before, sometimes if I want to draw something more complicated and not very well as make it look as do internet first, and almost always with music that I love, although most of the time do not have much peace of mind because my place draw this in the living room and my partner is always there watching TV or the PC and it bothers me a little, but the house is small and I have no place to be myself quiet. Sometimes if I really bothers my partner making noise I wear headphones and is the only way to be a little quiet.

Instagram Photo
Q:What are your favorite supplies for coloring? Do you always use the same or you like to experiment with it?
The material I use is very varied, compass, rule, protractor, markers calibrated as Pigma Sakura Micron, Staedtler Pigment liner, Uni Pin Fine Line all them of various calibers (0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.8, 1), pencils graphic H, HB, 2HB. Different types of erasers, crayons (Lyra, Faber Castell ….) markers Stabilo fine tip 88, Staedtler triplus fineliner, marker pens Koi coloring brush pen,brush pen Winsor and Newton, Sharpie markersof all colors, permanent markers Bic, Gel pens Uniball Sign, Pilot Choose, Edding markers 780, 751, 1200, Uni Posca. PapersCanson drawing sheets, cardboard of various colors, Spirograph and not if I open forgotten something, I really like the drawing material, although it is a bit expensive and I can not buy everything I wanted, but little by little ire buying more things, that moment is what I used, I wanted to try with watercolors and acrylic paint, but still am not daring to do so.

Instagram Photo

Q:Do you have special techniques and color mixes that you’d like to share with us? Any tips and tricks?
I have no special technique, drawing and coloring normally, even I have a lot to learn.

Instagram Photo
Q:Do you have a specific “signature” in your art?
I put watermark on the photos and videos you upload to Instagram with the name of my account coloreando.ando.yo

Instagram Photo
Q:Which books and patterns you find most enjoyable to color?
The mandalas is what I like, but the coloring books with flowers I also like very much likethe secret garden of Johanna Basford.

Instagram Photo
Q:Do you have a favorite coloring book author? How did he/she earn your admirations?
I really like Johanna Basford and his books The ocean lost, the secret garden, the enchanted forest ……

Instagram Photo

Q:And last but not least, where can we find your artwork?
So far my drawings are only in Instagram.And I have a Youtube channel with tutorials: link

Instagram Photo

So coloring book fans. What do you think? Will you follow Paqui and show her support. Let us know in the comments below…

The post Interview with Francisca Martinez Paredes appeared first on colorplaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment